Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Color Palette-Work in Progress!

So this is definitely a work in progress. Sorry if my blog is hideous when you look at it. I'm constantly changing it, trying to find something that works and I will be in and out today, so I may have to stop mid-changes, which could mean there will be some nasty results if you look at it at the wrong time.

Feel free to comment, but I'm not sure this photo is going to stay. May not be the best one to base my color palette on, but I thought I'd try something bright and spring-like. But seems as though it's just making my blog painful to look at. May have to keep searching for photos...


Oh, and ignore the header, much more work to be done on that soon!

4 comments:

serena fenton said...

You might want to experiment with a couple of different photos and see which color sets end up communicating best. This photo is pretty high gamma. Everything is dark and supersaturated. You could pick accent colors from here, but you need some neutral colors too. Look at the photoshop tutorial on the tutorials page: http://www.ibiblio.org/vc/tutorials/index.html

Missy said...

Yes, Serena, I totally agree. Hoping to get around to working more on it here in the next couple of days. Unfortunately, it's going to have to stay this way until I get a little more time to work on it.

Thanks for the advice!

Leslie Wilkinson said...

I would suggest a slightly lighter purple. I like the purple in the dividing bars, but it's too dark for the light type that appears on top of it.

And, maybe try lightening the green a smidge.

But, I do like the bright springy colors you're working with.

gercohenJoMC712 said...

my blog is more hideous than yours.